Voles can find their way into your garden and yard and cause a good amount
of damage. If you spot these animals in your Jackson garden, it can be a challenge to
remove them and then repair the damage done to the area. Although it will require
some effort up front, there are several strategies you can use to prevent the voles
from entering your property in the first place. This is highly recommended because
prevention will be easier than dealing with the aftermath of a vole invasion. If you
are feeling overwhelmed by the project, you can call in the Mississippi professionals to help you.
Tips for controlling the activity of voles:
• Barriers are considered one of the best methods for controlling the activity of voles. This is useful for vegetable gardens.
• There is another type of barrier known as a wire screen mesh, and it is more related with lining the garden bed with hardware cloth for voles. Dig the holes 30 inches deep, and these should also move upward 5 to 6 inches. Wire screening is considered extremely effective for preventing Jackson voles from inflicting damage upon tree trunks.
• You can protect bulbs from Mississippi vole activity by moving ahead with wire cages placed across the bulbs. This is again a task which is considered extremely time consuming.
• There are ultrasonic devices that will drive away moles as well as voles from the region of your garden. These devices prove to be very annoying to the voles.
• Trapping is also another strategy which can be used. You can capture Jackson voles alive using live traps, but one has to be extremely careful. Otherwise things can get out of control. It is best to call professionals for help if you can’t handle the situation on your own.
Voles can take over your yard or garden and cause many problems. Fortunately there are many effective strategies you can employ to prevent voles from invading your property. If you already have a Mississippi vole problem in your yard, you will need to eradicate them as quickly as possible before the problem gets out of hand. After all the voles are removed, you can then use the above mentioned strategies to keep the voles from reappearing in your yard or garden. If you want to protect your beautiful plants and flowers, you need to be proactive in deterring destructive Jackson animals like voles.
Visit our Jackson wildlife control home page to learn more about us.